My combination of communication, technical, and design experience offers a powerful and unique skill set. I have over 20 years combined experience in IT, graphic design, and communications. I received a diploma in Computer Systems Technology in 1997 from Camosun College and have worked on a variety of high-level government projects, including the Department of National Defence year 2000 project, cataloguing all computer based systems at Dockyard Base, Victoria. I led a team of web developers maintaining the Government of BC’s home page
. I also worked as a consultant on a rework of the Legislative Assembly of BC’s website
In 2005, I received a diploma in Fine Arts and Graphic Design from North Island College. I then worked in communications and graphic design for a private drug and alcohol rehab facility for 5 years. I continue to do graphic
design for organizations such as Red Deer College and Red Deer Cruise Night.
I volunteered with Our Place Society
in Victoria for four years, serving soup, providing tech support, and building their first website. I started volunteering with Red Deer Cruise Night in 2014 as a general volunteer. In 2015 I was promoted to lot photographer and built reddeercruisenight.ca. In 2016 I started their Twitter and Instagram feeds.
Currently, I am completing a Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication through an online program at Royal Roads University.
- Unwavering dedication to ethical conduct and honest communication
- Solution focused. Teams accomplish more when solutions are more important than being right
- Adding value to the workplace through continual learning and growth
- Lifetime practice of photography and fine art to provide fresh perspectives for analytical problem solving
- Holistic lifestyle as a stable platform for strong work ethic
- Lifelong Learner
Since 2005, I have had a strong working relationship with Crystal. She worked extremely well without supervision. She was honest, hard working, and consistently met deadlines. She quickly learned the complexities of our business and successfully handled increasing responsibility. She consistently designed quality work for both web and print.
Her writing skills played a major role in the success of our communications team.
Although Clear Haven Center closed, Crystal continues to work for me on a part-time basis on small web and communications projects. Should we ever open another rehabilitation facility, I would definitely hire her back full time.
Dr. Terry Orsten, CEO, Clear Haven Centre
Crystal brought an engaging performance to each of her presentations. She is dynamic and very easy to listen to. Crystal has a strong presence and connects well with the audience. She captures audience attention and then creates emotional responses to foster audience participation. She used humour appropriately and spoke clearly.
Crystal's passion is evident and translates well to deliver a strong presentation. Crystal would be an asset to any team that needs someone with strengths in internal presentations or public speaking.
Maggi Feehan, Associate Faculty,
School of Communication and Culture, Royal Roads University
Red Deer Cruise Night Re-Design
- Site upgrade to responsive, cross-platform design
- Design, development, and weekly maintainance
- Simple to navigate, easy to read for older demographic
- Facebook co-administration
- Event photography for website
Software / Hardware
- Hand coded with Dreamweaver
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Nikon D7100
- Lightbox (Shows images in a nice overlaid fashion)
- Modernizr (Checks for browser feature compatibility)
- Prefixfree (Writes browser specific prefixes)
- Respond (Enables responsive design for browsers without CSS media query support)